Claim for Accidents in Public Places

Everyone slips, trips or falls occasionally – particularly when they’re rushing or not paying enough attention. However, sometimes accidents happen when you aren’t to blame.

If you have been injured in an accident in a public place, you may be entitled to compensation. We will provide you with free initial advice and we offer no win no fee agreements where appropriate.

Call our expert solicitors now on 01332 897 222 or contact us online and we will call you.

Types of Claim

We handle all types of accidents in public places, including trips in potholes or on raised paving slabs on the pavement, slips on wet floors in shops, accidents on faulty play equipment in parks, accidents due to faulty equipment at the gym, dog bites, injuries caused by hairdressers and accidents caused by faulty products.

Whatever your accident, we are most likely to have dealt with something like it before. You may even make a claim if you were partly at fault.

The local council is obliged by law to have proper systems in place to keep pavements and roads in a safe state. All other owners and occupiers of land and property have a duty to take reasonable care for the safety of their visitors too. So, if you have been injured in an accident, whatever that may be, contact us now for advice about whether you may bring a claim.

What Can I Claim?

We will claim compensation for your injuries and for the other losses and expenses that you have suffered as a result of your accident:

Your Injuries

Compensation paid for your pain and suffering and the effect of your injuries on your life is sometimes called general damages.

We will ask a medical expert to examine you and prepare a report on your injuries. Your claim will be valued on the basis of the medical expert’s opinion about your injuries and likely recovery.

The impact of your injury on your work, home life, sports and hobbies will be considered and special factors, such as where the treatment is lengthy or where the accident has spoilt a holiday, will also be taken into account.

Losses and Expenses

Compensation paid for your other losses and expenses that are incurred as a result of your accident is sometimes called special damages.

These may include loss of earnings, any property damaged in the accident, travel costs, prescription charges and so on.

We may also be able to claim an interim payment, which is where part of your compensation is paid early. This may be available if you need medical equipment at home or if you need special care or treatment to help with your recovery, such as physiotherapy, or to replace an ongoing loss of earnings and so on.

Our Approach

Whether you have suffered bruising, a broken bone, or more serious injuries, we are here to help and we aim to win you the maximum compensation award.

Unlike many firms who use unqualified paralegals, you will be represented by a qualified solicitor with years of experience in accident claims. In addition to being regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, this firm is accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) as experts in our field of law.

We pride ourselves on our professional yet friendly approach and we care about giving you quality advice and excellent customer service. We are known for our attention to detail and determination to succeed and our clients are often impressed by the way in which we overcome difficult obstacles to win their cases. Indeed, we have taken on and won many cases that other firms of solicitors have turned away.

We believe that the fact that our clients return to us and recommend us to others is proof of our hard work and dedication.

Dedicated Accident Solicitors and Dedicated Asbestos Solicitors are trading names of John Das Limited, a company registered in England. John Das Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA number 573295). We do not accept service by email or fax.